The arts provide a powerful approach, creating opportunities for students to perceive and convey information in a variety of ways. These experiences push students to think creatively and critically while they create, problem solve and share.
I received my Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a Specialization in Arts Integration. This transformational program through Lesley University equipped me, as a classroom teacher, with rich ideas and strategies for effective arts integration, allowing me to teach through the arts, with the arts, and encourage students to use the arts to expand their learning in K-12.
Imagine the possibilities for:
- redesigning vocabulary instruction across the curriculum
- engaging different types of learners in mathematics instruction
- creating and sharing original written work
- going deeper with comprehension strategies
- connecting students to concepts and content in Science and Social Studies